Art Residency - Community Portrait Series

I'm currently working on an art-residency project with support from the Museum of History and Art, Ontario and the Chaffey Community Museum of Art. For this project I am interviewing and creating a series of 20 portraits of the church community of Our Lady of Guadalupe (in Spanish Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe) in Ontario, documenting the life stories and memories of 20 individuals. The portraits, along with a short paragraph about the person, will be exhibited for two-weeks at the Chaffey Community Museum of Art in March. I don't have the exact dates yet but will share them when I do. This project is made possible by a grant from The Community Foundation, Strengthening Inland Southern California through Philantrophy, and the generous cooperation of the church and the community members who are willing to share their time and stories with me.

I managed to finish my first portrait. I am very happy with the results and can't wait to work on the next. I'm looking forward to seeing all 20 portraits together!


Carlos. 5x7" Graphite on Bristol

Comments

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest