November - Wedding Celebrations!

November was an eventful month. We got married and celebrated our 10 year anniversary! There was a handful of celebrations - girls night/bachelorette at my place, my friends at work threw me a breakfast celebration, and our families threw us an awesome party and a BBQ, and of course there was Thanksgiving, my favorite Holiday! It was so much fun seeing all our extended family and friends this month. We had a civil union on a Friday and my sisters and brother in law threw us an awesome party the next day, which was originally supposed to be small gathering of just close family and friends... we ended up ordering 8 tables and 72 chairs! It was so much fun and wound up being a giant family reunion. We don’t get together often enough so it was awesome seeing my cousins and relatives I grew up with.

Mr. and Mrs. Cypert
My friends at work put together a breakfast celebration complete with food and gifts. 

Wedding Parties and Decorations 

The decorations for the party were made by my sisters and my niece Marissa, who is the class president and an ASB event organizer at her high school. They went above and beyond anything I was expecting with Marissa's vision! My oldest sister made all the sunflower centerpieces, complete with LED lights. I love them! When I told my sisters we were getting married one of them asked “Can we decorate?” And I said sure, but I wasn’t expecting it to be this beautiful. I was thinking it would be plastic table covers and balloons. I’m so glad my sisters took care of everything for the party and it was as stress free as possible for me, making the entire experience very enjoyable. Life has been very intense lately with a lot of changes happening at the same time. There’s no way we would’ve done anything like this on our own. Tom and I would’ve been content doing the civil union and dinner, but we are grateful our families and friends did all these wonderful celebrations for us. We feel so loved by everyone!

Decorations and center pieces made by my wonderful family.
On the top rows are the cupcakes and cake our friend Shanaye's Sweet Shop made. So good! Bottom is a bunch of the gifts we received from family and friends! Mr. Gold was helping us unwrap them.

What’s Next in December

We are currently on the last stretch of our honeymoon vacation. I took two weeks off work starting on Thanksgiving and we’re currently in Central California wine country where we have been doing a road trip that started in Northern CA with multiple stops throughout the week. This will be highlighted in a separate post but for now it’s nice to have some downtime and get away after such an intense six months.

On December 8th we have the Ontario Museum Associates Fundraiser and Art auction Night at the Museum. Proceeds will benefit the Museums programs and exhibits. The museum Associates do so much for the artists that participate in the Ontario Museum exhibits and programs. They are the non-profit organization that helped me secure the grant for the Faces of the Community exhibit in 2015. I’m more than happy to contribute to their fundraising efforts since they’ve given me so much. My husband Tom is also participating in the event. Tickets can be purchased through email or by the phone at (909) 395-2510.


Comments

Other Posts of Interest