Pet Portrait Competition - Help me win Art Supplies! Daily Votes til March 4

I fell off schedule on the art making and blogging! This week and last I've been working on some design projects so I've been neglecting my own art. I entered my drawing of Mr. Gold into the Dick Blick pet portrait competition. Help me win some art supplies by voting for my drawing from now through March 4. You can vote once every 24 hours. Mr. Gold and I appreciate your help 😼


Mr Gold says "Please vote for us." Vote Now (He has demanded commissioned me to paint his portrait on a giant canvas in the next few months so I will be using lots of paint)

This week I got confirmation from the Ontario Museum that 9 of the works have been selected for the exhibit. (I'm also happy to report that ALL 10 of Tommy's photos have been accepted into the show!) The ones I will be exhibiting are 4 drawings, 2 Oil paintings, and (all) 3 sculptures concepts I submitted. Although I had made some significant progress on the 3 pieces and they didn't make it into the show, I'll admit, I'm kind of relieved. Now I get to devote that time and energy into the sculptures and the other works in progress. Its been over a decade since I've done paper mâché so I know there will be lots of experimenting going on. Does anyone know if you can use oil paint over paper mâché? In the past I've used acrylic and craft paints, but I'm not sure about oils though. I'll have to do more research and testing to see how it goes.

Obviously the ones in red didn't make the cut. The Good news is the Avocado painting is now on the market. Let me know if you are interested in owning it.

And in case you are wondering, here was how far along the Candy Cane drawing is. I can always pick it up later in the year (in time for the Holiday Season maybe). I like how the shadows were coming along.



Comments

Other Posts of Interest