The Babies are Home!

Last week we picked up the artwork from the exhibit. My car looked like a clown car, crammed with lots of art! I can imagine how crazy it must've looked to other drivers on the route home - I wonder if they could see the giant donut in the back seat. We made a special trip out of it and picked up some pizza from our favorite Pizza Pirates! Now we have to find a place for all these new pieces. This is the part I didn't plan for.

The giant lollipop resting on top of Tommy's framed photos. This one is in desperate need of a new home. I don't have the wall space for it! I think it would be great addition to a kid's room, or even a prop for a theatrical performance, as part of a set or stage decoration. Random fact - in high school I was involved the theatre program doing set design, hanging lights, running performances back stage, etc. It was tons of fun!

Lucky for the donut, this one has already been claimed even before I started working on it. My sister Lori loves donuts and as soon as I told her about it she said "I want it!" I'm in love with the tomato and limes paintings so I'm planning on keeping those for myself. 

What's Next?

Tommy and I have both expressed interest in the Ontario Museum's annual Day of the Dead exhibit, titled Dias de los Muertos: Remember Me running October 11-November 10, 2018. The opening reception will be on Saturday, October 13 from 1:00-3:00 PM. I'm submitting an oil painting and Tommy will enter two photographs. It's been years since I've done anything with skulls or skeletons so maybe I'll do something in that genre. 

Save the Date - Ontario Festival of the Arts

Saturday, September 15, 2018, 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM 
The Ontario Arts district and the city of Ontario are introducing the first ever Arts Festival, celebrating visual and performing arts - live performances, artist booths, demos, walking tours, food trucks and a craft beer/wine garden! They are currently seeking artist vendors for booth spaces. We both submitted an application but won't find out til later if we are accepted as it is a juried selection. Either way, we plan to attend the festival.


Comments

Other Posts of Interest