What I Did in 2015: Constellation Park Murals and Faces of the Community Book

I know it’s been a while but I’m back! I haven’t signed in to this blog in so long, I even forgot my password! Since were still in January I will tell you about my 2015 and how fast it went.

Conservation Park Murals
I created more public art murals for new Conservation Park in Ontario, which finally opened in December. I designed murals for three benches; the artwork was created digitally and reproduced on tiles (like the Ontario Town Square mural). In October, the Ontario Museum hosted a walking tour of the public art in Ontario, granting a sneak peek at the new park. It was fun meeting Dan Romero, the sculptor who also created public art for the Conservation Park.




Faces of the Community Book Release

The last time I left off was after the opening reception for Faces of the Community art exhibit. I got to meet so many nice people and had no idea how well-received the portrait project would be. The Community Foundation awarded the Ontario Museum of History and Art another grant in September to turn the project into a book! The book release celebration was held in November where I gave a presentation about the project and the people I interviewed, then the Museum presented framed copies of the portraits to the project participants and finally we had a book signing. What a great event and it was nice to see everyone again.




Art Workshops

In 2015 I had the opportunity to teach two workshops and participate in an art panel at Chaffey College, called Artists and Their Day Jobs. It was a new experience giving 50+ kids a hands-on painting lesson and giving advice to young adults who want to pursue careers in the creative arts. I also entered a new drawing into the 2015 Ontario Open art exhibition and got an honorable mention award.



So what’s next? I will be exhibiting in the 2016 Ontario Invitational Art Exhibit, April 7-June 5. I’m changing it up and working on new acrylic paintings. I’m super excited with how these are turning out so far. I will keep posting about my progress on these. I have a portfolio deadline next week to show the museum concept sketches of my new paintings. Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. Can you please tell me who turned your images into outdoor-type tiles? I print with sublimation and am looking for a printing and kiln-firing company. Thank you, mitch@custom-tiles.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest