Acrylic Sea Horse Painting

Today I painted on one of the black canvases! I started this small 6x6" acrylic painting. 

It's been so long since I've worked in acrylic, I forgot how different it is compared to oil paint: #1 the drying speed, this painting dried in minutes and I didnt have to worry about an untouchable, wet painting #2 the consistency of the paint, for some reason oil feels more thin and translucent to me, and I tend to pain in thin glazes. I applied the same technique to this one. #3 Easy set up and clean up. I just needed water, there was no lingering smell, no turpenoid, no Liquin (though I did use some matte medium). 


I used a limited palette and lots of glazing. The colors are Ultramarine, Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre and Titanium White


I used Yellow Ochre as my mid tone.

The drawing was done with a light grey colored pencil

I'm going to let this one sit a little bit before I decide if I'll do anything else to it but I do like the darkness of the black canvas, so maybe I'll leave it as is.


Comments

Other Posts of Interest