Pondering Cat Drawing

The last two days I've been working on some more painted ink sketches.  Here is what I worked on today.

5x7" Ink on Watercolor paper 
Line drawing using F pencil

Yesterday I did an angel cherub sculpture. I kind of prefer the line drawing over the ink one.

8x10" Ink on Illustration Board

I've decided to participate in the September 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge by Leslie Saeta, host of the Artists Helping Artists blog talk radio show. This challenge involves making 30 paintings in 30 days in the next month and posting it to your blog everyday. Realistically I don't know if I will paint every single day, but I do plan on having 30 small pieces by the end of the month. My goal is to make paintings, painted sketches and studies.  This is the perfect kick in the butt I need to get going, since I do have a body of work to create for an art show next year! I've been putting it off long enough and just need to get started.

Today I picked up a few painting surfaces for the challenge: mini canvases, artist panels and watercolor paper. 


It's going to be a busy month with lots of art and blog posts :)

Comments

Other Posts of Interest