30 Days of Drawing: Day #1

It's day One of 2014 and the 30 Day Challenge. I didn't get to do as much in the studio as I had hoped, but I did accomplish some things off my to-do list: I got the line work for one of my new drawings done, picked out a photo for another and I bought some removable tape, which I'll be using lots of in the next two months.

Here is my drawing for Day One (or more like the start of a drawing). The title I have in mind is The Photographer and I will be using colored pencils for this. I can't wait to start blocking in all the skin tones!


I added removable tape to the edges of my drawing and then taped the paper down to the clipboard to keep it flat. This will keep the edges nice and clean, and the tape will peel off easily without causing permanent damage to the final piece. A technique we practiced in professor Lawrence Yun's Descriptive Drawing class at CSUF.

Thanks for stopping by and see you tomorrow. 

Comments

Other Posts of Interest