30 Days of Drawing: Getting More Supplies

Today I made a "quick" trip to Hobby Lobby to look for an electric sharpener since my other one is doing more damage than good. I have a love/hate relationship with the art store. I'm sure most artists do. I always end up buying more things than I was planning on. On my way to the drawing section I stumbled on the nautical decor and couldn't resist since everything was 50% off. If you remember, this  past summer I redid my workspace/bedroom studio into a beach theme. I found a nice motivational wall  sign that fits perfect in there. Now I can look at this sign every day.


I found a decent electric sharpener for $10. I needed one urgently so I picked this up in the drawing section. It sharpens fast and leaves a good point - from what I've used in the last hour it does a good job. I'll have to invest in a better one eventually but this should do for the next few weeks.



See why I needed a new sharpener? This was happening to a lot of my pencils.
So here is what I worked on so far this week. I finally started blocking in colors for Tools of the Trade. It's getting to the fun part.


Well thats all for today. Thanks for reading and see you next time.

Comments

  1. Update: The sharpener lasted a week :( but thats because I sharpen compulsively.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Other Posts of Interest