Vacation to Central Coast California and Hearst Castle

Can you believe it's already February? January just flew by! Last week I was on vacation. Tommy and I took a trip to central coast California to celebrate his (late) birthday and as a reward for meeting my museum deadline. We spent a few days in Cambria and took a Hearst Castle tour in San Simeon, stayed by the beach, watched some seals and went shopping in the Cambria Village. It was so much fun and was very relaxing! Below are some pictures of our trip.

The view from the parking lot of Cambria Shores Inn, a lovely hotel we stayed.  Moonstone Beach was right across the street.
The outdoor pool at Hearst Castle 
Tommy and I enjoying Hearst Castle

The Seals in San Simeon. They were so fun to watch! 


Cambria Village. There are lots of art galleries, antique and specialty stores. 
We really enjoyed our stay in Cambria. It is a small, quiet beach town with good restaurants and interesting stores. It doesn't feel too crowded with tourists like other beach towns I've visited. Tommy took some great photos that do better justice of the location. One of the galleries we visited was Artifacts Fine Art Gallery and I discovered the fun watercolor work of Barton DeGraff, who paints animals (mostly frogs) and wine. I am in love with his work! Here is one of my favorites:



It was so refreshing and invigorating to take some time off my art-making. Today is an admin and marketing day but I plan on getting back in studio mode tomorrow. I just announced my exhibit dates in my January E-News. I will be mailing out postcards for the event in early March, if you would like to receive one sign up for my mailing list and enter your address.

Thank you for reading. See you next time.


Comments

Other Posts of Interest