All Good Things Come to an End

My exhibit closed this Sunday. I makes me a little sad but I am glad I had this experience. The Museum of History and Art Ontario hosts the biennial invitational event evey-other-year. One year they host an open call for regional art, a juror will select winners and the winners get invited to exhibit the following year. I entered the 2013 Ontario Open Art show, not knowing what to expect, and I was selected as a winner. I was thrilled when I got the invitation to exhibit in 2014. The artists I exhibited with come from different backgrounds - one has a drawing in Ronald Regan's library, three of them are professional art instructors, and the others are full-time artists! The exhibit showcased strong work, see for yourself:

Detail shot of a Rick Cummings painting
Tony Radcliffe palette knife painting

David Rosales oil painting

Art by Leslie Brown 

Joe Milazzo's charcoal and ink drawings 
Detail shot of David Rosales painting

Detail of Leslie Brown's work

Detail of David Rosales

More of Rick's work

Rick Cumming's mixed media paintings

Large drawing by Leslie Brown. More of David's work in the back wall
Overall it was an enriching experience. I learned so much from the other artists and enjoyed all the work in the show. It was so vibrant, luminous and inspiring seeing it all together in person. Steve Thomas, the museum curator and all the museum staff were wonderful to work with.  I am glad I had the opportunity to meet so many nice people that enjoy the arts.

The next week and a half will be busy before things finally slow down. In the next few days I have two birthdays, a good friend's wedding and a business trip to Seattle for the SAMPE engineering conference next week. I'm excited and looking forward to the experience. In my free time I plan on visiting the Space Needle, the local restaurants and attractions. See you next time!



Comments

Other Posts of Interest