Where Have I Been in 2016?

So my last post was in January... I've Been MIA Again! Well here's what I did since then...

January through March 

I was busy working on a new series of paintings for the 2016 Ontario Invitational Art Exhibit at the Ontario Museum. It was a change going back to panting after a couple of years focusing on drawing, and I realized that I prefer drawing since I'm more experienced with it and have better control over the medium, but overall I like how these paintings turned out. It was fun getting to use metallic paints, glitter and sequins, something I haven't done before.


Detail shot of Pisces
These were all painted using acrylic and the dark outlines and drawn parts were made using a marker paint pen, which eventually broke and I had to use a Sharpie on the Medusa (I don't recommend this since Sharpies have acid). Can you spot my studio mate Gold in there, trying to camouflage with the carpet?

Spring 

I got to do some presentations and workshops at the Ontario Museum on Art Portfolios and a presentation/tour of the Faces of the Community art exhibit and project. It was a lot of fun getting to talk to people about the project and sharing tips for better portfolios.

October

I was invited to attend an arts focus group by leaders of the arts community in San Bernardino County. The purpose of the meeting was for Arts Connection to find out what artists need to succeed in their careers and how to bring more arts opportunities to this region. There was a lot of excitement in the group and I am looking forward to seeing how this develops.

November 

I was honored as an Alumni of the Year by my alma mater, Chaffey College, for my arts and community service in Ontario. The awards dinner was held November 2, 2016 and I was thrilled to share this award with other outstanding alumni. The event was wonderful, and very inspiring. I am glad I got to share this experience with the greater Inland Empire Community. It's been very surreal to be acknowledged by my community in this special way. Here is an amazing video Chaffey College put together about me:





I'm not sure whats in store for 2017, but I'm looking forward to wrapping up this year by taking a much needed vacation next week and spending quality time with family and friends over the holidays. 

I have some art ideas for what to do next, and I'll start working on something new to enter in the 2017 Ontario Open Art exhibit next spring. Thank you for reading.

Comments

Other Posts of Interest