What a Year! Good Bye 2014, Hello 2015.

Where did this year go? I can't believe how fast it went by! It was very busy!

Where to even begin to summarizing it? Every year I like to sit back and remember all the events and accomplishments of the year. It’s been a very fulfilling year! I’m so thankful and grateful for everything.

Some of my favorite things from this year (overall, not just art related):

  • A new body of work for the 2014 Ontario Invitational. Vivid colorful drawings in color pencil. It was a real treat to just sit and draw for hours at a time, for weeks a time!
  • Meeting artists, arts professionals, patrons and other wonderful people at 2014 Ontario Invitational – gaining a new perspective, getting some great studio tips and establishing new relationships. The whole experience was amazing!
  • Designing the Ontario Town Square Mural. Taking a chance and submitting my proposal to see what happens! I’ve received so much positive feedback from so many people! It will be there for a long time.
  • Traveling (for work and play). Visiting lots of places and getting inspired: Cambria, Hearst Castle, San Francisco, Morro Bay, Solvang, Las Vegas, Space Needle/Seattle, Orlando, Virginia City, and the abandoned town of Bodie (CA).
  • Moving in with my significant other – This year my SO and I moved into our own place together with my new assistant/studio mate Gold. I absolutely love my new home and am looking forward to all the space I have for future art projects!
  • Doing what I enjoy for a living –I have an enjoyable day job in graphic design/marketing, but I also love the fact that I get to spend my afternoons/evenings working from home year round (and getting paid) for my fun, creative contractor business. I am grateful for my current clients and the new ones I gained this year.
  • A strong support network of family and friends – Thanks for coming to my art shows/events, helping me move, inviting us over on holidays and celebrating milestones together. What would I do without them!
This has been an awesome year and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for 2015.

Speaking of 2015, I have a 2-week exhibit coming in March (dates TBD) at the Chaffey Community Museum of Art.  I am currently working on a series of portraits of the community through a church in Ontario, documenting local history through personal interviews with the nearby residents. I will also be teaching two workshops (most likely at the church) - something new and exciting! One will be for children and one for adults. I’ll share more info as we finalize those details.

Before I get back to work, I want to thank you for your ongoing support and wish you a happy new year filled with wonderful opportunities and new beginnings. Take risks and follow your dreams – you never know where it may lead you. So lets get started!


Comments

Other Posts of Interest